Cooking with Chef Johnny Vee
red star parfleche collection – limited edition
- Limited edition of 26 sets
- Hand-made archival box with calf-skin spine
- Ten 16x20 inch pigment prints on 100% cotton, mould-made paper
- Individually inspected, signed and numbered by the artist
- Signed and embossed Certificate of Authenticity
The prints in this collection span the 50-plus years of Kevin Red Star's career. The painting reproduced on the cover of the box, Crow Parfleche, dates to Kevin's early days at IAIA.
A parfleche contained the valued possessions of nomadic Plains Indians. These folded rawhide storage bags were beautifully decorated and painted to indicate owner and tribal affiliation. They were prized objects in ceremonial and daily life.